How to take live exams and create virtual classrooms for an online course
E-learning makes it possible to automate the student management process, but this does not exclude moments of interaction with the trainer through video call examinations and virtual classrooms.
The main feature of online training is that students can access the training contents designed for them at any time and in any place. With an e-learning platform like DynDevice, the trainer is free to decide, in addition to the sequence of learning objects (learning objects), also when and how to verify that the students have acquired the required skills. The training flow then proceeds according to the student's learning rhythm, according to the sequence designed by the teacher. Although this process is automated, it does not mean that we can’t create moments of interaction between students and trainer. With DynDevice, students and trainers get in touch through video call examination and virtual classroom.
1. How to create a video call examination with DynDevice
Each trainer is free to decide when it’s the right moment to test the students to check if they are ready to move on to the next learning object, or if they can receive the final certificate. With DynDevice the trainer can create quizzes at the end of each lesson or opt for RTC (Real Time Communication) exam sessions, i.e. on video call: simply open the DynDevice editor and set the exam session as an intermediate or final learning object. When students arrive at this point in their training, they can book exam date and time and receive reminders by e-mail.
To start the exam session, the student and the trainer just log into DynDevice and click on call or reply without installing any external software.
2. The advantages of the video call examination
Testing the skills of students with a live exam brings educational and technical benefits.
From the training point of view, the student is given the opportunity to:
- measure him/herself directly with the teacher;
- express what has been learned during online training in words and not in writing.
From the technical point of view the advantages of the video call examination are:
- automatic booking of exam sessions;
- e-mail reminders to the teacher and students about the exam date;
- possibility for the trainer to upload the examination report directly after the session;
- possibility of issuing certificates to those who have passed the exam.
3. Program a virtual classroom with DynDevice
Another moment of interaction between teacher and students is created with the functions of web-conference and webinar in DynDevice. The trainer creates a virtual classroom and offers live training content to students connected through their accounts to the e-Learning platform using the WebRTC protocol, or possibly using Cisco WebEx® software.
With the virtual classroom of DynDevice the trainer has the possibility of:
- create a one-to-many event where up to 50 students can participate and interact with the teacher;
- create a many-to-many event where students can communicate either with each other and with the trainer;
- share slides and his/her screen. Generally, the trainer uses the virtual classroom to illustrate the operation of some software and prepare the students for the exercises;
- automatically manage all the phases of the web-conference (from the booking to the attendance register, from the loading of teaching material to the minutes of the training session).
Using an e-learning platform does not mean giving up the interaction with the students. With DynDevice you can get the benefits of the automated management of training processes even when the trainer comes into direct contact with learners, like in the case of video call exams and virtual classrooms.
Did you like this article? Sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly news!Subscribe to Newsletter
No comments are in yet. You be the first to comment on this article!