What is an LMS? Questions and Answers 2021
What is an LMS platform, how do I use it and how do I choose an enterprise LMS?
A learning management system (LMS) is a software to manage corporate training in eLearning mode, taking care of every aspect of the process of knowledge preparation, transfer, tracking and evaluation.
How does the LMS work?
Through the administrator interface you can
- prepare training modules and online courses
- assign courses to students
- analyze reports regarding student performance (how many courses they have completed and in what percentage, quiz results...)
- set up automatic notifications about deadlines and certificate issuance
- manage all aspects related to training (trainers, course sales, etc.).
Through the user interface you can
- follow training courses by browsing through the didactic material
- use the tools for live video lessons (webinars and virtual classroom)
- communicate with other students using messaging and forums
- Self-assess with quizzes
The main feature of an LMS is that it digitizes the management and delivery of training, making it possible for all employees, customers, partners to access training at any time and for the company or institution to manage training and track its results.
In addition, some functions that we might imagine as secretarial functions (e.g., reminding students of course deadlines, turning in assignments, etc.) are fully automated, streamlining and speeding up training management.
What courses can be delivered through an LMS?
With a training management software you can prepare training plans for any industry and discipline. You can use an eLearning platform for occupational safety courses or any other compliance course. You can train staff on soft skills (communication, leadership, teamwork) or technical skills (digitization, healthcare, etc.). An LMS is also used by schools and universities for educational purposes.
Who uses an LMS or training management software?
An LMS for business is the best corporate training software because it allows organizations of all sizes to train staff, customers and partners at any time, saving costs and tracking every step from course creation to evaluation. Individual professionals also use LMS for trainers to create eLearning courses to sell to individuals or businesses. Finally, there are LMS for training organizations, schools and universities, all realities that need a management system for training and teaching.
How to choose a corporate LMS platform
A corporate eLearning platform can have different features, so it is good to choose an LMS according to the needs of your company:
- Cloud-based LMS provided by third parties - the company subscribes to train a set number of users who can access the training material from their browser. All you need is an internet connection to use a cloud LMS platform, but there is no ability to customize functionality.
- On-site staff training management software - A self-hosted LMS is defined as an LMS that is downloaded by the company. Typically, there are always updates to download for free or new versions for a fee. The license must be renewed every year.
- Custom LMS platform - is a cloud-based LMS where the company has a private space to customize according to their needs.
- Some trends that will change LMSs in 2021
- A beginner's guide to LMS solutions
- What features should a learning management system (LMS) have?
- How much does an LMS cost? A guide to avoid surprises
- 8 questions to ask before buying your next LMS
- Is it better to have a cloud or local LMS?
- Is it better to have a responsive design LMS or an app format LMS?
- How to use an LMS to understand students' learning needs
- The benefits of an LMS integrated with videoconferencing software
- The future is leaning towards LMS integration
- The 7 LMS integrations that will improve your business
- 3 examples of social learning that every LMS should integrate
- How to save time using an LMS?
- Case study: how to increase sales by 200% using a Learning Management System, LMS
- LMS in SMEs
- LMS for freelancers - Infographic
- LMS: benefits for manufacturing companies
- 8 requirements for small and medium-sized companies to e-Learning platforms
- How important is LMS reporting for training companies?
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Did you like this article? Sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly news!Subscribe to Newsletter
No comments are in yet. You be the first to comment on this article!