When people learn through someone's observation, imitation or direct instruction, it is called social learning.
This particular type of learning is a cognitive and behavioral process that occurs in a social context and is based on sharing knowledge through interactions with others.
What are the benefits of social learning in the workplace?
- It is essential in employee development;
- facilitates collaboration and teamwork;
- increases productivity;
- maintains a healthy level of competitiveness among employees;
- motivates employees.
How to integrate social learning in the workplace?
- Use eLearning technologies;
- offer training courses;
- facilitates informal interactions between teams;
- encourages colleagues to give each other feedback on their work;
Article taken from eLearningInfographics