How to choose the right enterprise training software?
What is a training management software, what is it for and how to choose the right one for your company?
What is a training management software
Training management software is software that allows you to take care of every aspect of the training preparation, planning and operational management process.
The most comprehensive software also allows you to manage the activities of training delivery ( LMS - Learning Management System) and course creation ( LCMS - Learning Content Management System).
Training management software: what it's for
A training software allows to digitize and simplify the management and delivery of corporate training courses. In particular, it allows you to:
- Manage in a centralized and complete way all online, classroom and blended training
- Have a single, easily consultable archive of all training documentation
- Manage funded training plans by producing all required documentation
- Generate detailed reports on training delivered and to be delivered
- Monitor user activities
- Deliver courses
- Create eLearning courses, videoconferences and training pills on any topic
Training software: who needs it
A training management system can be used by:
- Companies of any industry and size (for training their employees, customers and business partners)
- Training organizations (for the management, delivery and sale of courses to their customers)
- Schools and Universities (for management and delivery of education)
- Trainers (for creating and selling courses to individuals and/or companies)
How to choose the right training software for your company
Every company has unique needs and different budget constraints. Here, then, are some considerations to make when choosing the right training software for your company.
1. What functionality do you need?
In order to choose the right software, you must first analyze what your needs are and will be. Based on this analysis, you can then identify the essential features that the platform must have. Here are some examples:
- E-commerce: if you are going to deal not only with the management of training, but also with the sale of courses, it is advisable that the software you have chosen should also be equipped with an e-commerce of courses;
- HR Management: If you will be using the platform for internal training, an HR management module could help you optimize your training plans and identify areas for development by planning targeted training interventions and constantly monitoring the individual growth of your internal resources;
- Built-in editor: If you produce online courses, you should choose software with a course editor that allows you to create complex training courses;
- Ready-to-deliver course catalog: If, on the other hand, you don't want to deal with course design, you could opt for software that already includes a catalog of ready-to-deliver courses designed by eLearning professionals.
2. Is the vendor reliable?
Once you have identified the basic features your software needs to have, you will need to start analyzing what the market has to offer. At this stage, it will be very important to select reputable suppliers who can guarantee you high levels of service.
Take a look at their client portfolio, look for reviews online and get an idea of the company's level of experience. Make sure they can offer you timely service and support, and that they use a properly structured IT infrastructure that can guarantee continuity of service and appropriate back-up and recovery systems.
3. Will your data be secure?
Training management software contains a huge amount of sensitive business data and information. It is important to check that the supplier can guarantee high levels of security and that they have a data management and processing system in place that complies with GDPR.
4. Can you integrate the software with other systems in use?
Another element to consider is the possibility to integrate the software with other systems used in the company. This will allow you to manage all information centrally, synchronizing data and simplifying business processes.
5. Request a software demo
Finally, to make sure you make the right choice, we recommend that you book a demo where you get a personalized explanation of the entire system. This will allow you to see if the software meets your company's needs, to discover in detail the technical functionalities and to evaluate its ease of use.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Did you like this article? Sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly news!Subscribe to Newsletter
No comments are in yet. You be the first to comment on this article!