ARTICLE OF ELEARNINGNEWS
Year 5 - number 141 Wednesday 13 January 2021
The advantages of an LMS integrated with videoconferencing software
Why can't your LMS do without tools for creating and managing videoconferences?
In an increasingly digital world, the success of an LMS now depends not only on the quality of the learning content and training tools it includes, but also on the integrations it makes available to companies.
Among the various possible LMS integrations, one of the most important (not only in the strictly educational sphere) is that with videoconferencing systems.
Videoconferencing: the advantages for training
Integrating a videoconferencing system into your LMS allows you to create online events, webinars and courses in synchronous mode, making training more engaging than classic eLearning. But that's not all. Thanks to this integration you can:
- Access events directly from the LMS platform without installing any external software, giving your users a better user experience.
- Combine classroom sessions with online training sessions ( blended training)
- Take advantage, even for synchronous training, of all the analysis tools included in the LMS: statistics, attendance monitoring, etc.
- Integrate automatic notification systems
- Manage the entire training process: from user enrolment to the issuing of the final certificate.
- To have a single archive of documents of all online, classroom and blended training: certificates, minutes, evaluation tests, satisfaction questionnaires, etc.
Integrating videoconferencing: the advantages for business processes
Apart from the training aspects, videoconferencing software offers numerous other advantages to companies. By integrating a videoconferencing system into your LMS, you can:
- Create and manage informative webinars for employees, customers or suppliers
- Organise online meetings, speeding up decision-making processes
- Improve collaboration between departments and/or locations with instant messaging, screen sharing, voice messaging and videoconferencing tools
- Break down territorial barriers by connecting employees working remotely or from other locations, suppliers and customers
- Reduce travel costs
- Improve employee retention, including remote employees who can more easily feel part of the team.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator