eLearning Trends in 2019 you can use to enhance your learning strategy
As I began my exercise to predict eLearning Trends in 2019, I took a step back to see why anyone seeks upcoming trends.
The top 5 reasons why L&D teams look at trends are listed here. They prompt them to adopt new or better approaches that:
- Keep the learners engaged.
- Ensure knowledge acquisition happens.
- Facilitate the application of the acquired learning on the job.
- The desired performance gain and ROI occurs.
- A positive ROI on training spend is established.
In this article, I take this need as the thread to share the eLearning Trends in 2019. I have grouped them as follows:
Section 1: I list the trends that help learners learn and, more significantly, apply this learning to show better performance or the required behavioral change.
- Mobile Learning
- Digitalization of ILT (to Blended or Fully Online)
- Performance Support Tools
- Informal Learning
- Social Learning
- Self-Directed Learning
Section 2: I list trends featuring learning strategies with a proven track record of delivering a better engagement quotient and higher training impact.
- Video-Based Learning (Videos and Interactive Videos)
- Mobile Apps for Learning
- Curation and User Generated Content
Section 3: I follow this up with a list of trends that organizations must invest on to measure, enhance, and maximize the impact of their training.
- Learning Engagement Platforms – LXP
- Learner Analytics 3. Big Data-Reporting and Analytics
Section 4: I wrap up with trends that are clearly emerging as front runners for investment in the very near future.
- AR/VR and MR for Immersive Learning
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Learning
Article by Asha Pandey
Did you like this article? Sign up for the newsletter and receive weekly news!Subscribe to Newsletter
No comments are in yet. You be the first to comment on this article!